skip to Main Content

Need a helping hand buying a home?

  • You may qualify for some of the property schemes set up to help home buyers.
  • We have access to the lenders who support property schemes such as the Help to Buy scheme.
  • Call us today: we can lend a helping hand with owning your home.
GET IN CONTACT

Property schemes

Government property schemes

The government property schemes are a collection of incentives to help people get on the property ladder. They are particularly relevant to first-time buyers and those who have lived in a council property for a while.

If you are eligible for one of these schemes, you could be the proud owner of your new home in a much shorter time than you had imagined.

Visit the pages below to discover whether you could be eligible for the Help to Buy, Right to Buy or Starter Homes schemes.

Help To Buy

Help to Buy

You may have minimum 5% deposit for your dream new built home, but can’t quite get the remaining 95% as a mortgage. The Help to Buy loan may be able to bridge the gap and help you buy the property.

Right To Buy

Right to Buy

In a nutshell, if you are an eligible council tenant, you could buy your current home at a discounted price. Click through to our guide for further details about the process, eligibility criteria, discount information and more.

Starter Homes

Starter Homes

This first-time buyer property scheme is designed to promote sustainability as well as help those trying to get onto the property ladder. Eligible buyers could buy a new build home at a 20% discounted purchase price.

Housing association property schemes

Housing association property schemes are in place to help those who do not have a huge deposit and would not otherwise be able to afford to buy a property in their local area. This can be achieved either through the Shared Ownership or Rent to Buy schemes.

To find out more about these great schemes, click through the boxes below.

Shared Ownership

Shared Ownership

The Shared Ownership scheme essentially means that you buy a share of a property from a council or housing association. It also means that you pay a below market level rent on the remaining share.

Rent To Buy

Rent to Buy

The Rent to Buy scheme lowers the rent amount for tenants for a fixed period of time. This allows the tenants to save up for a deposit, so they can potentially buy the property they are renting within an agreed timeframe.

Developer property schemes

Developer property schemes allow aspiring owners to buy a new build home in an affordable way. This is usually achieved either through a Rent to Buy or Shared Equity scheme.

To find out more about developer property schemes and to figure out whether they might be for you, click through the boxes below.

Shared Equity

Shared Equity

A Shared Equity scheme provides a loan to a buyer as part of the deposit. They can then use a shared equity mortgage to pay the rest of the property purchase price.

Rent To Buy

Rent to Buy

This scheme is available via developers as well. The Rent to Buy scheme grants tenants lowered rental rates on their desired property, allowing them time to save up money to buy it.

Back To Top